Core Competencies — Unmanned Systems
YAI has over seven years’ experience with robotic and unmanned systems in support of the military (all branches), Department of State and Homeland Security.
YAI areas of proficiency include: design, prototyping, integration, fielding, testing, and support.
Specific projects include:
- Unmanned Aircraft System Shadow 200 Communications Relay System (CRS)
- Dismounted Improvised Explosive Device – Defeat (DIED-D Minotaur)
- Recovery of Airbase Denied by Ordinance (RADBO)
- Tactical Robot Controller with iRobot
- National Unmanned Systems Shared Resource Center
- Ghost Ship
- Autonomous Remote Control HMMWV (ARCH)
Project Highlight— Unmanned Aircraft System Shadow 200 Communications Relay System (CRS)
YAI was tasked by the U.S. Army to enhance “two-way” communications when operating beyond the normal operating limits of standard single-channel ground & system radios.
Enhancements include: improved situational awareness, call-for-fire capability throughout theater & “imminent danger” communication to soldiers as seen on video by ground station operators.
YAI integrated the Bobcat with the robotic kit and specifically designed mine-roller & rake assembly onto the Minotaur vehicle.
YAI was tasked to design and integrate a polaris vehicle with QinetiQ robotic applique kit, mine-roller, and the Conestoga Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Defeat System.